desert (not so) solitaire.

nybg - desert
nybg - desert
nybg - desert
nybg - desert
nybg - desert
nybg - desert
It's the colors I like best. All those aquas and pinks and purples. I've never thought of myself as a pinks and purples girl, but one look at these desert colors and I'm feeling a change of heart. Two weeks ago I boarded the 4 train and rode an hour northward to the New York Botanical Gardens in the Bronx. The trip didn't include a rucksack or stargazing or encounters with wild animals (unless you count the small humans in strollers). I didn't become the wizened desert woman of my dreams, but having even a small bit of time with some of these desert ladies was enough to shake some winter blues and encourage me to at least entertain the thought of saving for a plane ticket to see the real thing.

ps. More about my visit to the gardens coming up on Gardenista.
pps. If you haven't read Desert Solitaire, you might consider it. Top 20 favorite books of all time.
You have read this article adventure / desert / life with the title desert (not so) solitaire.. You can bookmark this page URL https://newbieny.blogspot.com/2013/01/desert-not-so-solitaire.html. Thanks!

No comment for "desert (not so) solitaire."

Post a Comment