birdland.

house finch on grapefruit feeder
house finch on grapefruit feeder
house finch on grapefruit feeder
house finch on grapefruit feeder
chickadee on grapefruit feeder
house finches on grapefruit feeder
Friends, they have finally arrived. Yesterday afternoon I was crunched in front of my computer putting the finishing touches on a workshop that I'm giving today back in Providence when there was a sudden swell in the birdsong that typically accents my afternoon writing sessions. A shadow swooped in front of my window and when I peered out I saw not one, or two, or even three, but four house finches lined on my window sill waiting their turn at my makeshift feeder. I snatched at my camera and snapped these shots through our closed window, my little country heart full to bursting. Happiest wannabe birdwatcher in all of Brooklyn.

Now, how cute is that chickadee?

Details on making your own feeder, here.
You have read this article bird feeder / birds / home with the title birdland.. You can bookmark this page URL https://newbieny.blogspot.com/2013/01/birdland.html. Thanks!

No comment for "birdland."

Post a Comment