< two fifty: life in a tiny apartment.

Get a magnetic thingy for your knives.

This is a very specific tip. Usually my tips are more general. Like this one

But I really love this stupid magnetic strip, so I thought I should tell you about it. I know that installing such a strip is impossible in some rental apartments. In fact, we hung on to this one for two years in Rhode Island because we couldn't drill holes through our hideous linoleum backsplash in order to hang it. That apartment also had not a single kitchen drawer, and so we collected our knives together and put them into an old tupperware in our cabinet. It was mostly a terrible option, but I can't bare to have things taking up precious counter space, so it was the best one for us. Also, that Opinel up there with the broken point was our main workhorse and that baby folds right up.

The funny thing about getting married is that suddenly people want to give you knives. Really nice knives. And so now, in this tiny place, we're the proud owners of knives that are mostly fancier than we are. I'm sure you're all relieved to know that our vegetables are getting special treatment.

This is the rack we have. If I could do it over, I might splurge on this or this
You have read this article knives / life in a tiny apartment with the title < two fifty: life in a tiny apartment.. You can bookmark this page URL https://newbieny.blogspot.com/2012/09/two-fifty-life-in-tiny-apartment.html. Thanks!

No comment for "< two fifty: life in a tiny apartment."

Post a Comment