< two fifty: life in a tiny apartment.

Count your blessings.

I don't mean to belabor the point and I know that I've already written about keeping perspective, but last week's hurricane has left an enduring impression and now I'm worrying about tonight's impending storm.

I hate the electrical outlets in our apartment. They're grungy (despite cleaning) and spattered with paint and they were never properly installed. Whenever we unplug anything from one of them, there's a moment or two when it looks as though the whole thing will tear loose from the wall.

Last week, of course, was not a week (if ever there was one) to bemoan a few loose outlets. My sister and brother-in-law were out of power for much of the week and they trekked to our place by foot, and by cab when they could find one. Instead of the usual two in this tiny place, there were four of us. Each of us plugged in our computers and took full advantage of our still-working wi-fi to hunker down and keep up with deadlines and commitments. Believe me when I say none of us were complaining about the close quarters.

We've been incredibly lucky to come out of this storm unscathed. Susannah's photographs of the destruction in Rockaway are mind-boggling, to say nothing of all the other places and people along this seaboard still suffering.

I'm thinking it's a good time to take count of our blessings. Loose and functional electrical outlets among them. 

How about you guys? How are you faring? 
You have read this article home / hurricane sandy / life in a tiny apartment with the title < two fifty: life in a tiny apartment.. You can bookmark this page URL http://newbieny.blogspot.com/2012/11/two-fifty-life-in-tiny-apartment_7.html. Thanks!

No comment for "< two fifty: life in a tiny apartment."

Post a Comment