< two fifty: life in a tiny apartment.



Deck your halls. But more specifically, deck your door.

I admit, this is a teaser. I've got a whole slew of wintry things that I've whipped together to get this tiny apartment winter-ready, but for now you only get this one shot, captured in the half-glow of fluorescent light from my building's hallway. Such is life.

Let me start by saying that I'm a firm believer in decking the proverbial halls. Regardless of creed, habit, or general attitude about merry-making, if ever there was a time to buckle down and get jolly, it's in the dark month between Thanksgiving and the winter solstice. Hanging a little wintry something from your front door acts as a symbol to your neighbors. A wreath or a posy of winterberries says what you might not be able to:

"We'll get through this together: you, me, and the holly berries."

Honestly. The night seems to fall as quickly as the day begins lately, and if you're anything like me, you're putting your pajamas back on mere hours after you've taken them off.  Hanging something on your apartment door offers a glimmer of hope on dark days. If you're feeling cheeky, make it some mistletoe. Kisses help everything.
You have read this article deck the halls / decorations / holidays / home / life in a tiny apartment with the title < two fifty: life in a tiny apartment.. You can bookmark this page URL http://newbieny.blogspot.com/2012/11/two-fifty-life-in-tiny-apartment.html. Thanks!

No comment for "< two fifty: life in a tiny apartment."

Post a Comment