on balance and chocolate pizzelles.

pizzelles (chocolate)
pizzelles
pizzelles
pizzelles
On Sunday James made chocolate pizzelles. They were just like these ones, but with the addition of a 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and the absence of fuss over having them turn out perfectly. It's a difficult balance sometimes: making things for this space so that they look good enough to share and deciding to simply capture something as it's happening, free of contrivance or art direction. I try not to stage too much--the goal is for this space to be a reflection of the life we're actually living, not pure simulacrum--but sometimes I can't help myself but to drag the table into the sunlight, to swap a dirty towel for a clean one, to refuse use of the ugly potholder. As I'm doing more and more work that involves styling and photographing for other sites, I can feel the lines separating fact and fiction begin to blur. There's an impulse to have everything appear as perfect as the pictures in my mind. Snapping these shots of James as he made pizzelles was a welcome reminder to just let some things be. They don't look so very different from a shot I might try to style anyway, but they felt different. There was no pressure, no hand-wringing, just shots of my husband making italian cookies on a Sunday afternoon. 
You have read this article food / life / pizzelles with the title on balance and chocolate pizzelles.. You can bookmark this page URL http://newbieny.blogspot.com/2013/02/on-balance-and-chocolate-pizzelles.html. Thanks!

No comment for "on balance and chocolate pizzelles."

Post a Comment