secret: i never take medicine.

elderberry syrup
Well, sometimes I do. But not usually. I don't know why, really. Stubbornness, probably. An overblown belief in willpower, definitely. But even if I can be reluctant to pop Tylenol for a headache, I'm a big proponent of embracing natural remedies. Medicine of my own making.

Last week, I brewed a big batch of elderberry syrup to get me through flu season. I've sworn by the immunity-boosting concoction for the past three winters and this year, I made more than ever. Germs, you don't stand a chance. I've got spoonfuls of sweet, elderberry goodness to keep the doctor away all season long. Not to knock my own Fire Cider recipe, but elderberry syrup laps that spicy concoction in the flavor department. No need to hold your nose while downing this stuff. If you're like me, you'll have to stop yourself from drizzling the whole bottle onto a sundae. Mmmm.

If you'd like to make your own, the full recipe is on Gardenista.

And as always, I'm curious. What are you favorite immunity-boosters during flu season? Any fellow elderberry devotees out there?
You have read this article gardenista / natural flu remedy / natural remedy / secret with the title secret: i never take medicine.. You can bookmark this page URL http://newbieny.blogspot.com/2013/10/secret-i-never-take-medicine.html. Thanks!

No comment for "secret: i never take medicine."

Post a Comment