adventures in urban gardening.

euphorbia, angelonia, salvia, zinnia, mexican heather
mexican heather, euphorbia, salvia, angelonia

Okay, I did ask for permission. But taking over my building's gardens still feels just a little bit like going rogue. They don't belong to me, after all.  I've been fussing with these two crumbling window boxes for the past month or two and I finally have a combination of goodies in there that seems good enough to share:

There's breathless white euphorbia and Mexican heather for filling things out, tall spikes of hardy angelonia in white and pink for adding height and even taller spikes of salvia because I have a soft spot for it, and sweet alyssum that I'm hoping will cascade over the planters and hide the fact that they're on the verge of collapse. If you look hard enough, you'll see there are still a few zinnias that I planted when I was feeling nostalgic for my wedding bouquet. They're struggling, but I'm not ready to admit defeat.

If you have a little space you've been cultivating, you can enter a few photos to the Gardenista Considered Design Awards. The process is incredibly simple and the categories are broad enough that I'm pretty sure you can all find something eligible for entry: floral arrangements, window boxes, herb gardens, city gardens, country gardens, almost anything goes. Head here for the details.
You have read this article gardening / gardenista with the title adventures in urban gardening. . You can bookmark this page URL http://newbieny.blogspot.com/2013/06/adventures-in-urban-gardening.html. Thanks!

No comment for "adventures in urban gardening. "

Post a Comment